Saturday, January 2, 2010

Some favorite 2009 purchases...

I thought I would begin my new year by telling y'all about some of my favorite local purchases/shopping experiences from 2009. Last year (crazy to say that already!) was a BIG year for us, as we welcomed our little girl, Lawson, in May.

My earliest shopping dilemma was outgrowing my clothes from BleuBelle with my big preggers belly. This was an easy fix, as all I had to do was check out my friend Jennifer's store, Expectations. Expectations is actually the only locally owned maternity store in Savannah, and they certainly have a better selection than the other national options. Every time I would pop in, even if it was just to visit with Jenn, I would come out with TONS of great goodies. She has the BEST designer denim, and lots of comfy, easy dresses. She also has tons of great basics with her awesome selection of nursing gear and baby gifts. I even found Lawson's Christening gown at Expectations! Here's my sweet girl with her Grandma Burge in her beautiful gown.

A friend of mine (you know who you are Christine) warned me that my little white sports car would not suffice once I had a baby - and all of the stuff that comes with one. Well, she was definitely right!! I told my husband Roger that all I wanted for my birthday in November was a new, bigger car, and I knew exactly who to call. All I had to do was give Mickey and Ross from Southern Motors Acura (right on Broughton Street!!) a call, and within two weeks, I had my perfect car - a 2007 Acura MDX. This is my new baby, and it sure was nice to have during the holidays. I couldn't believe how unbelievably helpful Mickey and Ross were, and I can't imagine ever buying a car from someone else. Doug, the sales guy, even spent hours going over all the fun bells and whistles with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment