Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Rules of the Resolution...

After much, much consideration, here are the rules that I have set forth for my 2010 local shopping adventure:

  • Any retail item that I purchase MUST come from a locally owned business in Savannah
  • The one exception is food - I don't think it's feasible to purchase all my groceries/baby food/meals from local places since I have a 7 month old and commute 30 minutes from Richmond Hill. Don't hate me foodies - I PROMISE I will do my very best to only eat out at locally owned restaurants, and I intend to frequent Brighter Day as much as I can.
  • The ONLY other exception is that I am occasionally allowed to make a purchase from a national business IF it is located on Broughton Street in downtown Savannah. This includes my beloved Baby Gap, and I have decided that downtown could not thrive without our small selection of great national retailers such as Marc Jacobs, Banana Republic, and Gap. They (and their employees) need our support, too! :)
That's it!! Every shoe, lipstick, shampoo, skirt, couch, lamp, baby toy, gift, jewelry, etc that I purchase in 2010 WILL be from a local business. I am pumped!!

No comments:

Post a Comment